A crucial phase of the residential addiction treatment program is the partial hospitalization stage. During this phase, you get treatment for full-time hours during the day but can go back to your own house or choose to stay at the GA recovery center. Therefore, PHP is ideal for your loved one if they need extra care with more freedom than residential treatment.
Below, we have listed the top six benefits of a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP).
1. Intensive treatment throughout the program: PHP is a step down from residential treatment. However, the addiction treatment center in GA will provide intensive treatment and care as you enjoy independence. PHP will offer you the chance to receive intensive treatment without living on-site at the facility. There are various recovery therapy programs you can engage in:
- Family therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) program
- Group therapy
These therapies will help you improve your mental health as you fight your addiction.
2. The slow and safe transition from inpatient care: For a person engaging in addiction recovery and treatment, it’s challenging to switch directly from inpatient care to outpatient care. Therefore, PHP is beneficial as it will allow ongoing support and treatment while you transition from residential treatment to outpatient care. Moreover, the addiction treatment center in GA may offer some therapies as a part of the PHP treatment program, helping you continue the sober lifestyle and live fully independently.
3. PHP builds coping strategies: When you spend time in an environment you are comfortable in, you can build coping skills to deal with mental, emotional, and physical challenges. Other than this, the holistic skills you develop during the PHP treatment program will help you set new boundaries with your loved ones, allowing you to choose a better company for yourself.
4. The flexible schedule allows you to look after other commitments: Time away from the addiction treatment center in GA can let you look after your responsibilities and be productive. You can spend more time with family, work, or take up a new hobby. It will boost your self-confidence and help you build a goal-oriented life.
5. Structured routine for patients: A set routine is essential for people in addiction recovery to regain a sense of control in their lives. In a PHP, you follow a weekly routine that includes health check-ups, therapy sessions, and group meetings from time to time. It will teach you self-discipline and help you build lasting healthy habits.
6. More affordable than residential treatment: Some addiction patients cannot afford inpatient treatment, even if that is what the medical professionals have recommended. In such cases, PHP treatment becomes an alternative as it is more affordable while offering most of the benefits of inpatient rehab without bearing any overnight living costs. Plus, if the patient has a strong support system at home, PHP might be a perfect fit.
About Hope Harbor Wellness/Atlanta Intensive Outpatient Programs
At Hope Harbor Wellness, we offer the best addiction treatment in Georgia to help our clients experience life without substance use disorders. Our clients choose us for our proven treatment methods and high-quality, compassionate care. We offer an intensive outpatient program, a partial hospitalization program, and outpatient programs to fit the needs of different patients. Contact us at (770) 573-9546, email [email protected] or fill out our contact form.