Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment
Benzo Rehab Centers in Georgia
Benzo addiction is a severe problem that can have lasting effects on your health and wellbeing. If you or someone you love is addicted to benzodiazepines, it’s vital to seek professional help as soon as possible.
It is essential to understand that fighting with any substance requires serious treatment but, particularly so for benzodiazepine addiction. Unlike other substances, it’s physically dangerous to withdraw from using these drugs as they have an immediate effect on your body – which means you need medical supervision or else risk withdrawal symptoms.
What are Benzodiazepines?
Benzodiazepines also called “benzos,” are a class of psychoactive drugs that act as central nervous system (CNS) depressants. They are some of the most commonly prescribed medications in the world and are used to treat anxiety, panic disorders, seizures, and insomnia.
However, benzos are also highly addictive and can be abused. When misused, they can cause serious health problems, including overdose and death.
What are the Signs of Benzodiazepine Addiction?
The signs of benzo addiction can vary from person to person, but some common patterns emerge. If you or someone you love is struggling with benzo addiction, look out for these warning signs:
- Tolerance. The need to take higher and higher doses of the drug to achieve the desired effect.
- Withdrawal. Experiencing uncomfortable and sometimes dangerous physical symptoms when you try to stop taking the drug or reduce your dosage.
- Cravings. There is a strong and persistent desire to use the drug, even when you’re aware of the dangers.
- Loss of Control. Using the drug even when you know it’s harmful or when you promised yourself you wouldn’t.
- Continued Use Despite Consequences. Continuing to use the drug even though it’s causing problems in your life, such as financial difficulty, relationship problems, or legal trouble.
- Prioritizing the Drug Over Other Responsibilities. Letting your job, school, or family responsibilities slide to use the drug or recover from its effects.
If you or someone you love is displaying any of these signs, it’s important to seek professional help as soon as possible. Benzodiazepine addiction is a serious problem that can affect your health and wellbeing.
Treatment for Benzodiazepine Addiction
If you or someone you love is addicted to benzodiazepines, it’s important to seek professional help as soon as possible. Treatment for benzo addiction typically begins with detox, when you stop taking the drug and allow your body to rid itself of the toxins.
Detox can be a difficult and uncomfortable process, so it’s important to do it under the supervision of a medical professional.
After detox, you will begin therapy, which can help you understand the root causes of your addiction and develop healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress and triggers. You will also likely participate in group therapy, which can provide support and accountability as you recover.
The road to recovery from benzodiazepine addiction is long, but it is possible. With the help of professional treatment, you can learn to live a healthy and drug-free life.
If you or someone you love is struggling with benzodiazepine addiction, don’t wait to get help. Contact a treatment center today to learn more about your options.
If you or someone you love is dealing with any of these signs, Hope Harbor Wellness can help. We offer comprehensive treatment for benzo addiction that can address the underlying causes of your disease and help you achieve lasting sobriety.
What Types of Addiction Treatment do you offer for Benzo Addiction?
Hope Harbor Wellness creates a customized recovery plan for every patient, depending on the severity of your symptoms. Some components we often use include:
- Cognitive behavioral treatments. Our clinicians help identify the behaviors that lead to drinking and prepare you to cope with them through identifying triggers, skill development, building a support system, and setting realistic goals regularly.
- Behavioral therapy. Through this type of therapy, we focus on changing behaviors related to psychological distress.
- We also provide professional advice designed to help addicts change their harmful behaviors, problem-solve, and improve decisions.
- Support Groups. We emphasize that you are never alone in your recovery by creating support groups. You can learn from and share with others who suffer from Benzo Addiction.
How To Get Started
Examine Your Options Today
Hope Harbor Wellness is a Georgia addiction rehab facility specializing in treating those struggling with drugs and drinking too much. We’ll meet you to discuss your situation and offer personalized treatment options tailored for what’s best suited at this moment. If you or someone in your life might be suffering from addiction, don’t wait for recovery to start. Hope Harbor Wellness can help today! We’ll meet with all family members—including loved ones who have been struggling with their own addictions.